07 March 2014

3 for $10 (but not till Friday)

I hate to wait.

I'd finally reached the register after navigating last Sunday evening's Whole Foods clusterf*%$ and the kind-faced Ethiopian cashier was about to ring up my three bunches of hot-pink-Springtime-please-come-quick tulips -- and then,

"You know the 3 for $10 deal is on Friday, right?"

My inward groan was plastered on my face and I mumbled something about fine print and trickery and shoved my dream of tulips into a closet that seemed an eternity away: the weekend.

And every day since, I've wanted the tulips. But I haven't gotten them. Because it hasn't yet been Friday.

But today is Friday. 
And I woke up thinking about the tulips.
Today is the tulip day.

And it seems (from today's vantage point) that the old ESPERANZA is the truest of true. The hoping and waiting entangled together and nearly killing us with anticipation, but in the end:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The waiting is rarely the most enjoyable part of the journey but adds to the richness...