21 March 2013

A Prayer before the Prayer Breakfast

Calm and peace and wide-eyed quiet: now at rest before the wildness comes. I love the silence and love the wildness. I love them both with equal difference. The buzz and the lull and the laughter that tethers both. 

- To be calm in the wildness and wild-spirited even in the calm. This is the rub and the goal and the quest. 

- This week, to be settled at soul even in the swirling madness. All weeks, to be adventurous of spirit even in the daily monotony. 


- To experience the days with an honest soul, stripped of expectation and iced with joy. 


- To greet new faces as old friends and old friends as those about whom I still have much to know. 


- To leave name dropping and mental hopping at the door and to know all the times as just what they are. 


- To be present and imaginative and always knowing reality and yet always dreaming of the more and the most. 


- To be gentle with the annoying and patient with the really-annoying and admitting that everyone is always experiencing something. 


- To sit with confidence at the table before me and be aware of the others to invite to join me there. 


- To, with simplest simplicity, lift the name of Jesus up, with all belief in his power to draw the people to his own heart.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Your writer's voice is so unique - I enjoy it a lot.

Glad you're still going to the Prayer Breakfast thing - I've always wanted to go to that. I'll be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Undeniably consider that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net
the simplest thing to bear in mind of. I say to you,
I certainly get irked at the same time as people think about worries that they plainly don't recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the entire thing without having side effect , other folks could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

Feel free to surf to my page :: Buy Enduros